We are more than excited to introduce you to a game-changer in the world of hairstyling: the L'Oréal Steampod! If you've been dreaming of sleek, salon-worthy hair that glows with vitality, trust us–the Steampod is about to become your new best friend. Read on below to learn more about this cutting-edge tool!
WHAT IS THE STEAMPOD?
The Steampod 3.0 is a hair styling tool that acts as both a professional straightener and curling iron. It is entirely powered by a steam technology, combining the functionality and the power of steam to straighten, smooth, and style hair. It is a product developed by L'Oréal Professionnel in collaboration with Rowenta, a well-known home appliance brand.
L'OREAL STEAMPOD 3.0
The hot steam from the appliance causes hair cuticles to open so that the steam can penetrate the hair fiber. While the plates still get as hot as a regular hair straightener (which means you should still use a heat protectant), the perk is that the core of your hair is nourished by steam.
PHYTO LABORATORIES REPAIRING HEAT PROTECTING SPRAY
WHO CAN USE THE STEAMPOD?
The Steampod is designed with the needs of every hair type in mind. It is even highly recommended for colored and damaged hair because of its nourishing element. The device still has regular ceramic plates, which means it can also straighten thick or unruly hair.
WHY ARE WE OBSESSED?
Why are we obsessed, you ask? It’s simple–the key highlight of the SteamPod 3.0 is its steam technology. The continuous flow of high-pressure steam allows optimal heat penetration, which means long-lasting, frizz-free, and incredibly smooth hair that looks and feels healthier.
The hair is also hydrated as it is styled, making it a 2-in-1 practicality.
HOW TO USE THE STEAMPOD:
- Fill up the built-in water tank with demineralized water. Using regular tap water would lead to product malfunction. Also, the SteamPod technically still works when the water tank is empty, but for optimal results, the water tank needs to be filled before use.
- Switch on the tool and set the appropriate temperature according to your hair texture:
- 180°C for thin, sensitive hair (colored or bleached); 200-210°C for thick, natural hair only.
- Apply a heat protectant. While the Steampod is significantly safer on hair than a regular hot tool, the heated ceramic plates still call for the use of a protectant (such as the Amika Blockade Heat Defense Serum).
- Style as desired–just make sure the arrows are facing down when styling the hair!
Try it for yourself and let us know how you like it!
Until next time,
The BSE Team