In the same way a face mask works to nourish and deeply hydrate your skin, a hair mask works in the same way––boosting the overall condition and health of your hair.
Ever wondered how you can optimize your mane and use a professional hair mask to its full potential? Read on below to find out!
WHY YOU SHOULD HAIR MASK
Hair masks work at a deeper level than your typical hair conditioner. Conditioner makes the hair strands soft and manageable, but a hair mask will be especially beneficial for dry, damaged, or frizzy hair as they penetrate the hair shaft at a much deeper level. In fact, this is why many hair masks are also referred to as deep conditioning treatments or intensive hair conditioners.
Generally speaking, the benefits of using a hair mask include:
- Shinier and softer hair
- Added moisture, therefore less frizz
- Reduced hair breakage and damage
- A healthier scalp
- Stronger hair
- Protection against environmental and product damage
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU USE YOUR HAIR MASK?
Those with very dry, brittle, and damaged hair could benefit from using a hydrating hair mask––such as the R+CO Television Hair Mask–– two or three times a week. Those with oily-type or very fine, straight hair may want to stick to the recommended once-a-week.
HOW TO HAIR MASK LIKE A PRO
- Make sure to double-wash your hair with a professional shampoo before incorporating a hair mask into your hair routine. This will break down any build-up in the hair, allowing the mask to fully penetrate and focus on the areas that need the extra love.
- Only apply the mask from mid-strands to the ends of your hair.
- Use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb to work the mask into your strands.
- Lastly, make sure to leave the mask on for the recommended time (usually 5 to 10 minutes). This allows for the product to properly penetrate and work its magic!
Looking for the perfect hair mask for your hair type? Check out some of our favorites below!
DAVINES NOUNOU HAIR MASK
ELEVEN AUSTRALIA MIRACLE HAIR MASK
AMIKA SOULFOOD NOURISHING MASK
WELLA INTENSE RESTRUCTURE MASK
OLAPLEX NO.8 BOND INTENSE MOISTURE MASK
Until next time,
The BSE Team