Skin Fatigue. It’s a real thing!
So, let me guess… you’re currently trying to juggle schoolwork, your job, relationships and friendships, a healthy lifestyle, and more? How’s that going? I’m guessing it can get tough on your body and mind sometimes (& this is coming from experience), but did you know that your fast-paced life also takes a huge toll on your skin? (I do apologize in advance for introducing you to another stress). BUT YES, it really does!
As you may or may not know, it’s super important to fit some “me” time in your jam-packed schedule. This could include watching 15 hours of Gossip Girl without leaving the couch or attending a yoga class or whatever it is you may do to relax. Well surprise! This also goes for your skin. It is UBER important to take some time to replenish, regenerate and re-energize your skin! I know you’re probably thinking, “Just add another thing on the ‘to-do’ list”, but it’s a pretty simple process.
First off, what is skin fatigue and how do we know we have it? I could go into the science of what this really is, but let’s be honest you probably don’t have the time to read it. So, the main signs of skin fatigue include large & visible pores, a dull & uneven complexion, and dry skin. If you notice that your skin is no longer responding to the products you use on the daily, it is trying to tell you that there is something wrong and it’s time to fix this issue.
So, how do we fix the issue? I’m going to list a couple suggestions and you can decide which one(s) will fit best into your everyday routine.
- Get an extra 30 min of sleep everyday. Believe it or not 30 minutes of sleep each day will make a huge difference.
- Get in a daily workout, even if it’s 20-30 min. Working out will help boost your immunity and blood circulation.
- Eat healthier!!
- Drink MORE water!
- Make sure you’re using products that are GOOD for your skin and won’t encourage breakouts, dryness, irritation, etc.
- Adopt a healthy skin care routine! Clean and moisturize daily. Exfoliate and mask 2-3 times a week.
- Get into a good Netflix show and watch 5 seasons straight.
May your skin complexion look even, bright and glow like never before.